One of the best parts of summer is going to a festival for the weekend with your gals! From the constant music acts to dancing and partying, it’s a chance to let your hair down and have fun! But of course, you’re missing out on home luxuries like electricity, a comfy bed and warm, running water. So, we’ve put together our 15 top festival hacks for you and your gals to make things easier. We promise you’ll definitely thank us later!
15 Top Festival Hacks
- Always Keep a Hair Tie – Wear a hair bobble on your wrist at all times, you never know when you might need it! We recommend the Invisibobble as it’ll stay dry and you won’t have to worry about it snapping unexpectedly.
- Switch Phones – Even though it’s great to take your smart phone and keep your social media updated, there’s always the risk of it getting broken or stolen. Eliminate that risk by taking an old phone or buying a basic one. Bonus: It’ll also stay charged all weekend!
- Take a Portable Charger – If you do decide to take a smartphone, it’s inevitable that the battery is going to drain at some point. Packing a portable charger will keep it topped up so you don’t need to worry about it! You can even take a solar powered one for extra charge.
- Bring Zip Lock Bags – At a festival, there’s always a very good chance that it’ll rain. When it does, nothing is safe from the weather! You can put all of your electricals in zip lock bags to waterproof them as well as some socks and underwear.
- Pack Wet Wipes – After a long day of partying, you’re going to need to freshen up. Of course, you don’t have the luxury of your home shower, so wet wipes will be needed. You can use them on your face and body to cleanse away mud and grime.
- Use a Flag – In a sea of hundreds of tents, it’s not going to be easy to find your own. Make it stand out by putting up a unique flag and it should be a lot simpler to navigate your way through the fields.
- Take Bin Bags – A roll of bin bags can come in handy when camping for a whole weekend. You can use them as an emergency poncho, to pack rubbish in once you leave, or even just to keep things dry.
- Pack Dry Shampoo – When you’re unable to wash your hair, it’s going to get greasy. Packing some dry shampoo will help you to keep your locks looking fresh and reduce oils and product build up until you get home.
- Extra Snacks – Bring more snacks than you think you’ll need because you’ll probably need them. Festival food prices are usually expensive so the last thing you want to do is begrudge buying overpriced snacks. Try to bring fruit too as your body will need the nutrients!
- Frozen Water Bottles – Freezing several water bottles to bring will save you a lot of hassle. You can use them to keep snacks cool whilst frozen and once they’re melted, drink them! You can keep hydrated and stay full at the same time.
- Don’t Bring a Pillow – Pillows take up a lot of space, so just bring the pillowcase. When you arrive, you can stuff it with some of your clothes and you’re good to go! It’ll still be comfy, yet save loads of space!
- Avoid Bringing Luxuries – As lovely as your designer watch and expensive jackets are, you don’t want them getting stolen or ruined. Only pack things you’d be okay with losing and it’ll save you any heartbreak!
- Use a Blow Up Mattress – Sleeping on the ground is not the most comfortable experience. Make it a bit more comfortable by using a blow up mattress, or even re-use your pool lilo from your holiday!
- Leave Early – It may be difficult, but try and get up extra early when it’s time to leave before everyone else wakes up. You’ll be able to drive straight out through the gate without getting stuck in the queue of traffic!
- Pick a Meeting Place – On the first day, choose a spot in the main arena in case you and your gals get separated. No matter whether your phone battery has drained, you’ll still be able to find each other!
What are your top festival hacks? Let us know over on Twitter!