It’s that time of the year again where there’s a different festival every weekend. We’ve already organised what outfits we’re wearing and planned everything down to our sunglasses, make-up and nail colour. With so many festivals going on right now and we’re sure that like us, you want to have your hair festival ready. Here are our top tips for keeping your hair looking sleek ready for any festival this summer and what essentials you need to bring with you for your hair to survive the festival season.
1. Prep your hair before you go. We recommend using Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo and Conditioner as it will help to nourish, soften and hydrate your hair. Especially important as for the next few days you won’t be able to give your hair some TLC. A hair mask is the perfect beauty treatment to use before you go to keep your hair looking fresh and healthy. We recommend using the Moroccanoil Restorative Hair Mask. Using a hair mask just before going away to a festival will keep your hair hydrated and give your hair shine before you go away.
2. Ride the wave. If you prefer not to use much heat on your hair, put your hair into plaits before you go to sleep so when you wake up in the morning you will have natural looking loose waves – classic festival hair! Plaits are a big trend this year at festivals so don’t be afraid to experiment. Make sure you pack plenty of hair ties and GHD Final Fix Hairspray to keep your plaits in place.
Take inspiration from TV Presenter Caroline Flack, Gossip Girl Actress Blake Lively and Songstress Rita Ora who all demonstrate the plaited hair trend perfectly.
3. Heat it up. If you prefer using heat on your hair for perfect day one festival curls use the GHD Curve Creative Curl Wand for festival ready curls. If you can’t bare leaving your straighteners at home, the Glamoriser Freestyler is a compact wireless straightener so you can do your hair no matter where you are. Protect your hair from heat damage with GHD Heat Protect Spray and brush the curls out for a more natural look and secure the curls with hairspray. For extra shine for your first day at the festival, we recommend using Label.M Shine Spray.
4. Dodge the grease. The ultimate hair essential for any festival is dry shampoo. For an effortless day two look, spray Fudge Dry Shampoo which will leave your hair feeling fresh and looking great. To add volume to your day two curls your saviour will be the Label.M White Resurrection Style Dust. Revive your hair and rework your style throughout the day by simply massaging at the roots, for extra volume use a back combing brush.
5. Get it together. Finally, for the last day of the festival when you really want to create that perfect ‘I’ve just got out of bed and look like Alexa Chung’ look, undo your plaits and brush out your curls a little more. Start by adding more dry shampoo to the roots of your hair to stop your hair from looking greasy and then use Goldwell Dualsenses Ultra Volume Boost Spray which will enhance the volume and can also turn your dull day 3 festival hair into luscious, healthy looking hair.
Are you heading to any festivals this summer? What your must have product for perfect festival hair? Let us know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Instagram @hqhair to stay up to date with all the latest offers and new launches at HQHair.com
Written by our guest beauty blogger, Becca from fashion-train.co.uk