When we were younger, Halloween was celebrated by putting on a cat costume, attempting to draw on your best nose and whiskers with your mums eyeliner pencil and finishing the night by stuffing yourself with a bag full of sweets until you felt sick. Of course, these days it’s all about the Halloween parties and cocktails instead. You’ve already got your makeup sorted from our Halloween makeup ideas post but you still need some drinkspiration! Our Halloween cocktails are sure to get you into the spooky spirit!
Best Halloween Cocktails
This truly gruesome cocktail is a spooky take on the classic margarita. The morgue-a-rita cocktail recipe serves four people and is made extra creepy by adding sugary green goo to ooze down the glass, definitely Instagram-worthy!
- 59ml light corn syrup
- Green food colouring
- 118ml fresh lime juice
- 237ml carbonated water
- 177ml tequila
- 85ml triple sec
- 4 cherries
- 4tsp maraschino cherry syrup
The first step to making this creepy cocktail is creating the green goo to rim the glasses. First of all, take the light corn syrup and slowly combine with green food colouring until you get your desired shade. Next, freeze the glasses to frost them, then dip each glass into the syrup and turn upside down to allow it to drip down eerily. Insert stirrers through maraschino cherries for each drink and set aside with the glasses.
For the cocktails, combine the tequila, triple sec and lime juice with ice in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously. Pour one teaspoon of the maraschino cherry syrup into each glass, add a cherry and stirrer then strain the cocktail very carefully into the glasses until about ¾ full. Top up the glass with carbonated soda and enjoy!
Ghostly White Wine Spritzer
Forget Halloween; make this night all about Hallo-Wine. This ghostly white wine spritzer not only tastes delicious but it also glows under UV light! Super easy to make and incredibly impressive, it’s 100% worth getting together with the squad to enjoy these pre-party!
- 142ml of your chosen white wine
- Tonic water to make ice cubes
First of all, you need to make the tonic water flat by opening the bottle, squeezing the air out, placing the cap back on and shaking until the bottle fully expands. Next, pour the tonic water into an ice tray and freeze to make ice cubes. Making them from flat tonic water will prevent the ice cubes from melting so quickly. Pour wine over the ice cubes in a large wine glass and enjoy!
Caramel Apple Punch
Perfect for Halloween parties, the caramel apple punch is the ultimate sharing cocktail to get everyone in the Halloween spirit, without the gruesome ghoulishness. Just remember to prepare it the day before so you don’t get caught without your cocktail on the day, otherwise you’ll be experiencing a truly terrifying disaster!
- 2l apple cider
- 296ml spiced rum
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 thinly sliced red apple
Take a large pitcher or punch bowl and mix the apple cider, rum and lemon juice, then chill for up to 12 hours. Add some ice, garnish with the apple slices and serve. This recipe serves 6 so remember to double up on ingredients if your squad are bringing plus ones!
- Combine 4oz of gin, 2oz pomegranate juice and 1oz of syrup in a large cocktail shaker.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake for a minimum of 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a glass and serve.
- For an extra stormy effect, add one cube of dry ice to each glass.
- Mix 2oz dark rum, 1/2oz heavy cream, 1/2oz cinnamon syrup and 1 medium egg white in a cocktail shaker.
- Dry shake for 30 seconds, add ice, and shake again.
- Strain mixture into a fluted glass.
- Pour 2oz of sparkling apple juice into the same glass, finishing with two pinches of activated charcoal powder and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour 1 1/2oz of Tito’s handmade vodka and 3oz of lemonade into the glass.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon activated charcoal and serve.
- In a mixer, add 1 1/2oz of Absolut, 2oz blackcurrant juice and 1/2 oz chartreuse.
- Stir ingredients together with ice.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled martini glass and serve.
- Combine 1 1/2 parts of absolut madrin, 1/2 part Malibu, 1 part passion fruit puree, 1/2 part white grapefruit juice, 3/4 part cinnamon schnapps and 2 dashes of perno absinthe.
- Pour over crushed ice in a clear glass.
- Top with 1/2 part cappalletti and garnish with cobwebs and plastic spiders for that spooky Halloween effect.
- In a mixing glass filled with ice, combine 1oz vodka, 1/2oz Galliano, 1/2oz pür•likör spice, 1oz blood orange juice and 1/2oz grapefruit cream soda syrup.
- Shake well and strain over fresh ice.
- Garnish with blood orange wheels and Halloween props.
- Combine 1 1/2 parts tequila, 1/2 part mescal, 3/4 part fino sherry and 1/2 part pear liqueur.
- Strain mixture over a large ice cube and pour into a glass.
- Garnish with an edible flower for a sugar-skull vibe.
- Beginning with grenadine, layer pineapple juice, whipped cream vodka and 2oz of sparkling peach juice into a martini glass.
- Top with whipped cream and candy corn pieces.
- Using 1oz of vodka and 3/4oz of grenadine, make injection syringe shots.
- Pour 3oz of lemonade into an old fashioned glass finishing with an ice cube and a slice of lemon.
- Serve, injecting the vodka shot into the glass.
- Reduce 1 cup of Black Raspberry Sparkling Ice with 2 tablespoons of white sugar until it forms a thick syrup.
- Drizzle the syrup over the exterior of a cocktail glass.
- Chill with 1 part whiskey and 2 parts kiwi & strawberry sparkling ice.
- Garnish with two kiwi slices.
- Hollow out a medium pumpkin and fill halfway with ice.
- Fill the pumpkin with ginger beer and top with sliced oranges.
To make the citrus ice cubes:
- Take 1 orange and using a peeler, create small orange zest peels to curl up and put in each tray.
- Take a second orange and cut it into quarters, then cut each quarter into triangle slices that will fit in the ice cube tray.
To rim the glass:
- Mix two tablespoons of cinnamon, 1/4 sugar and 1 tablespoon of all-spice in a small bowl.
- Pour evenly onto a small plate.
- Rim each glass with orange slices to create a wet layer for the sugar mixture to stick to.
- Roll the rim of the glass into the sugar mixture.
- Using a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine 1oz gin, 1oz light rum, 1oz tequila, 1oz vodka 1 1/2oz blue Curaçao and 2oz sour mix.
- Shake well and strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Top with sparkling water and serve.
- Using a cocktail shaker, combine 2 slices of chilli, 2oz tequila, 1oz passionfruit puree, 1/2oz of fresh lime juice and 1/2oz agave syrup.
- Shake well and strain mixture into a rimmed martini glass.
- Top with fresh chilli ‘horns’ and a lime spiral for garnish.
- Combine 1/4 cup of ground coffee with spiced rum at room temperature.
- Let the mixture soak for 30 minutes and strain.
- Using a cocktail shaker, combine 2 parts coffee-infused-rum and 1/2 part fresh lime juice.
- Shake and strain into a Collins glass.
- Top with 1/2 part ginger beer and garnish with a lime wheel.
- Combine 4oz ginger ale and 2oz gin in a glass filled with ice.
- Top with cranberry bitters.
- Gently pour grenadine around the inside of the glass to create a ‘dripping’ effect.
- Garnish with spooky accessories and serve.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine 1 1/4oz of Courvoisier VSOP, 3/4oz of Rootberr Schnapps and 1oz pineapple juice.
- Shake well and strain mixture into a glass.
- Garnish with a cherry and serve with dry ice for a smoky effect.
If you’re still not quite inspired enough for Halloween, check out our latest makeup tutorial with Illamasqua!