The lovely David Scheffen, AKA NARS make-up artist and HQ girls’ flavour of the month recently popped into the HQ offices to chat all things NARS Holiday Collection. Whislt he was here we got him to show us how to create a 60’s eye! Be prepared Ladies, it requires a whole lotta make-up- but it’s a fab look for the party season. Check out his incredible instructions below:
1) First of all use the Eyeshadow Base from the lash line to the eyebrow, this is a heavy look and you don’t want anything to start moving after a few hours.
2) Then blend Cosmic Girl cream shadow from the lash line to the crease of the eye and blend towards the brow bone but not too high.
3) With Iceberg white pencil go over the cream until the crease and blend them together so it becomes really white.
4) Using Pandora duo powder eyeshadow ,blend the white shadow all over the eyelid (the white on the mobile lid should be much brighter than the brow bones)
5) To give a little bit more definition to the eye, blend (using the back of your hand as a palette) a little of the black and white shadows (still using Pandora duo eyeshadow) until you get a light grey colour and very lightly using a small rounded brush (number 14) apply the colour in the crease of the eye.
6) Using a black pencil (Black Moon) draw a line just on top of the crease of your eye.
Start in the middle using little movement, if you are not too confident to start with, and slowly extend the line to the outer corner of your eye to just above the inside corner.
To do this you should be looking straight at a mirror, so you can see the line your eyes open)
7) Using a very small brush blend the line together and use a cotton bud to clean it so it looks sharp.
8) Still using Black Moon lift your eyelid and looking down (you can place a hand mirror on a table and place yourself above it) draw a line in the inside top rim of the eye, so you get a real dark eye)
9) Using Nuit Blanches our eyeliner stylo draw a fine line along the top and bottom lash lines and gradually go over it and thicken it towards the outside.
Make sure you accentuate the inside corner of the eye and create a point.
Once you have reached the thickness you desired, extend the lower and top line towards the outside so they blend into each other, they should join just underneath the black line you have previously drawn and finish the line with a thick flick.
11) You can also use false lashes to accentuate the look, they should be thick and dense and not too long.
12) Using the white pencil (Iceberg) draw a line inside the bottom eye rim.
13) Pick a dark shade of eyebrow pencil or Bali single eyeshadow and go over your eyebrow, start by defining the outer shape and then colour them in. With this look it always looks better to accentuate the arch a little bit more.
14) For an even more 60’s look you can draw bottom lashes unto the skin with the eyeliner stylo (Nuit Blanches) by doing little strokes mostly on the outer corner.
15) You can even finish the look by adding a dot of Black Moon underneath the outer corner of the eye (be sure to apply some Eyeshadow Base underneath so it stays put)