Now that it’s Spring and the warmer months are finally in sight, the gals at HQhair have been starting to think about makeup looks, outfit inspo and, of course, hairstyles for the races, festivals and summer BBQs. Every girl knows that behind every gorgeous hairstyle is a great set of hair tools, which is why we are so excited to name Cloud Nine as our April brand of the month!
Back to basics
Cloud Nine was founded back in 2009 by hairdresser and innovator Robert Powls. The name sound familiar? Well, Powls actually set up the hair brand ghd just a few years before. Having begun his career over 40 years ago as a professional hair stylist, Powls has definitely secured his place as an expert in the hairdressing world. This is why, with every Cloud Nine product, you can be assured that you’ll receive the highest quality of premium hair tools.
After selling his shares in ghd, Powls set out to create a new hair styling brand that would become the epitome of luxury and innovation. Cloud Nine believe that your hair is as unique as your fingerprint and that’s why every Cloud Nine tool can have it’s temperature tailored to suit your hair type and desired style. This unique idea has now changed the way that people all over the world are styling hair.
I am never content and I pledge to continue to seek perfection. – Robert Powls, founder of Cloud Nine.
Used on celebrities like Jourdan Dunn, Cara Delevigne and Kylie Jenner, this award-winning brand have a full range of products including straighteners, wands and hairdryers, and you can get all of them right here on HQhair!
Get The Look: Beach Waves With The Original Iron
There is nothing better than multi-purpose hair tool and the Original Iron is exactly that! Not only can this iron help you to achieve super straight and sleek locks, but you can also use this tool to curl your hair too. Suitable for all hair types, this Iron includes an adjustable temperature setting to ensure optimum performance.
With Summer just around the corner, the gals at HQhair are completely crushin’ over long loose waves that look like you’ve stepped straight off the beach (think Vanessa Anne Hudgens vibes). So, we’re going to show you step-by-step how you can get beach babe waves with the help of Cloud Nine’s Original Iron.
- Make sure that you’ve brushed through your hair and it’s completely tangle-free. This will make the curling process a lot smoother and simpler!
- Prep your hair and ensure that your curls stay in place all day with Cloud Nine’s Amplify Spray. Hold the bottle about 15cm away from your head and spritz from root to tip.
- Section your hair. Depending on how thick your hair is, these sections can be as small or as big as you like.
- Now this is the part that people fear, but it’s so easy with this iron’s smooth, ceramic plates! Simply clamp your hair couple of inches away from the root and rotate the iron before pulling through the rest of the hair.
- For this ‘beachy’ look, run your fingers through the curls to make sure that they’re not too bouncy and polished.
Perfect for a festival, or just a night out with your besties, this style brings a touch of summer to your style even if it is slightly cold outside. With Cloud Nine, it’s never been easier to achieve salon-quality hair in the comfort of your own home.
Shop the whole Cloud Nine collection at HQhair here.
Will you be recreating this look? Make sure that you tag us in your Intsa posts over on our Instagram!