HQhair is committed to protecting our customer's privacy. Please take the time to review this notice which explains what information we collect about you, how we use it, and your rights. THG Beauty Limited (“HQhair”, “we” or “us”) is the data controller of the personal data collected via or in connection with [HQhair.com] and any associated App (the “Site”).
Whatpersonal data do we collect about you?
Wecollect personal data from you when you provide it to us directly and throughyour use of the Site. This information may include:
- Information you provide to us when you use our Site (e.g. your name, contact details, gender, product reviews, and any information which you add to your account profile);
- Transaction and billing information, if you make any purchases from us or using our Site (e.g. credit/debit card details and delivery information);
- Records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact our customer service team, interact with us on social
- Information you provide us when you enter a competition or participate in a survey;
- Information collected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our email updates).We may also collect information about the device you use to access our Site; and
- Residence ID number required for customs clearance*
- Other information necessary to provide the Site, for example we may access your location if you give us your consent.
If you also shop in one of our stores,
we may combine information you give us in-store (e.g. if you make a purchase or
join our mailing list in-store) with the information above.
*Residence ID number required for customs clearance
When choosing the CBEC delivery option inclusive of import taxes, you need to submit the resident ID card information of the recipient of the order for customs clearance. Please ensure you have filled in an accurate ID card number and a name (in simplified Chinese characters) that is consistent with the ID card. The information provided for the ID card must match the identity of the payer, if it does not then it will affect customs clearance.
We will safely store your ID card information and only use it for the purpose of customs clearance. Unless we notify you otherwise, you will not need to submit this information through other channels after submitting the required ID information here.
What do we use this personal data for?Depending on how you use our Site, yourinteractions with us, and the permissions you give us, the purposes for whichwe use your personal data include:
- To fulfil your order and maintain your online account.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team.
- To personalise the Site to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain the Site, and monitor its usage.
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted
to do so.
- For security purposes, toinvestigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We rely on the following legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal data:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
- Because it is in our legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the
best products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailor your view of the Site, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
sensitivity, as we understand it can reveal information about your health or ethnicity, for example. You do not have to provide this information to us, and can delete it or update it at any time.
We love to communicate with our customers and so, depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal data to send you marketing messages by email, phone or post. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on your previous browsing or purchase activity, and other information we hold about you.
If you no longer want to receivemarketing communications from us (or would like to opt back in!), you canchange your preferences at any time by contacting us (details below), clickingon the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or updating your settings in youraccount. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contactyou with service messages from time to time (e.g. order and delivery confirmations, and information about your legal rights).
You may also see ads for our Site onthird party websites, including on social media. These ads may be tailored toyou using cookies (which track your web activity, so enable us to serve ads tocustomers who have visited our Site). Where you see an ad on social media, thismay because wehave engaged the social network to show ads to our customers, orusers who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing youremail address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailoredads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and thesethird party websites.
Who do we share this personal data with?
We share customers’ personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With other companies in our group of companies, as necessary to operate the Site.
- With our suppliers and service providers working for us, e.g. payment processors and delivery companies.
- With our professional and legal advisors.
- With third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- With law enforcement or other governmental authorities, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful
- Otherwise where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Storage and Retention
We use service providers based aroundthe world. Consequently, your personal data may be processed in countriesoutside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rightsin respect of your data than you do under local law. If we transfer personal dataoutside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law,ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriatesafeguards, in particular the EU’s standard contractual clauses. Please contact us if you would like moreinformation about these safeguards.
We will keep your personal data for aslong as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will varydepending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have made apurchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the periodnecessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a recordof correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about aproduct) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Where weno longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please notethat where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep arecord of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails infuture.
This Siteensures that data is encrypted when leaving the Site. This process involves theconverting of information or data into a code to prevent unauthorised access.
This Site follows this process and employs secure methods to ensure the protection of all credit and debit card transactions. Encryption methods such as SSL are utilised to protect customer data when in transit to and from this Site over a secure communications channel.
Whilst we do everything within our power to ensure that personal data is protected at all times from our Site, we cannot guarantee the security and integrity of theinformation that has been transmitted to our Site.
Our Site is not intended for, and should not be used by, children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 18.
You have certain rights in respect of your personal data, including the right to access and correct your personal data, and, in specific circumstances, to transfer your personal data to another entity in a commonly-used format.
You have the right to object to your personal data being used for certain purposes, including to send you marketing. See ‘Marketing’ above, for more details of how to opt-out of marketing.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data, for example; where our purposes for processing your personal data have come to an end; where you object to our processing of your personal data based on legitimate interests and we have no overriding legitimate grounds to continue to process your personal data; and where our processing was based on your consent which you have withdrawn.
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your personal data, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, you should contact us using the details below. You are also entitled to contact your local supervisory authority for data protection.
Telephone: 0161 8131481
Address: Customer Services, Meridian
House, Gadbrook Park, Cheshire, CW9 7RA
Last updated: 28.02.2022